For businesses and marketing agencies
My marketing communications experience includes serving as a marketing director at a mid-size furniture store, as special sections manager at two Knight Ridder newspapers, a decade as an independent marketing communications writer and strategist for businesses, companies, marketing agencies, and custom publishers, and a stint as a web content manager for a multi-million dollar B2B ecommerce site.
Good writing and a strong message transcend the medium. Here’s a sampling of the type of work I do:
- Concept development/marketing strategy
- Website development and copywriting
- Newsletters and e-newsletters
- Custom articles, executive bios, and profiles
- Corporate histories
- Direct mail
- Trade show materials
- White papers
- Recipe development
- Packaging materials
- Product specification sheets
- Mobile media apps
- Video scripts
- Blogging and social media
- And more
See samples of my work.
Read more about my process below.
What my clients say
" I like the way you think! I’m really pleased with your work, Gretchen. Thanks for being such a great partner.... "
" I frequently turn to Gretchen when I need a piece about wine and food – she’s definitely my go-to writer on the subject. Her ideas are... "
" Gretchen is an absolute pleasure to work with. Her work ethic, dedication and creative problem-solving skills are unparalleled. After three years of similar assignments, her work... "
If you have your own process, let’s use that. If you don’t, here’s my usual M.O.
- Free consultation. We’ll have a big brainstorming session and discuss your project, goals, client/customer needs, and timeline.
- Flat rate quote. Based on our conversation, I’ll send you a written quote with flat fees for each segment of the project. No surprises for your budget!
- On-time delivery. I turn copy, plans, and reports around based on our agreed-upon deadlines, period.
- Prompt revisions. This one speaks for itself.
- Post-project availability. Got a quick question? I won’t screen your calls.
My internal process
(Skip this part if you only care about the stellar end results)
Before I begin a project, I like to talk to you in-depth about your goals for both the project and your long-term marketing strategy. What your customers and clients want, need, and expect from you. How you deliver those things. What your unique strengths are as a company, product, or service provider. Your biggest challenge and how I can help solve it.
These concepts form the foundation of my work, whether a website overhaul or a white paper. I refer to them again and again as I brainstorm solutions and craft copy, and they are the last thing I cross-check before hitting send.